As a Junior Account Manager, you will partner with and support our Account Managers to ensure clients’ needs are met. You will play an integral part in client relationships and growing company profits by professionally serving and developing strong relationships with existing customers through continual needs assessment, solution development, and solution delivery. Junior Account Managers will confidently help customers by solving any issues that arise and proactively communicating issues or discrepancies.
The company expects all employees to be consummate professionals in all activities relating to representing the company, in the office, remote, on the phone, and in the field. You will develop a profound understanding of both the shipping market, our customer’s needs, and how to navigate SwanLeap’s unique technology.
- Responds with a sense of urgency to solve problems and identify opportunities for operational efficiencies
- Builds relationships and communicate updates effectively to provide a positive customer experience
- Leverages SwanLeap’s technology platform to generate reports, analyze data and meet customer expectations
- Becomes fully familiar with SwanLeap’s TMS, service offerings and uses.
- Establishes productive and professional relationships with the Account Managers and works with software engineers and sales administration functions to support clients’ needs.
- Assists in problem-solving any issues, such as missed pick up, late delivery, damaged freight, or incorrect billing. Involves Account Manager with more complicated issues.
- Communicates with clients to identify product issues, document company risks, and record product ideas to ensure the highest level of service, acting as the voice of the customer to SwanLeap.
- Works cross-functionally assisting the Account Managers with coordinating resources from various departments to solve account challenges and achieve account objectives.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of logistics, preferably in a high-growth, fast-paced environment.
- Solid presentation skills
- Exhibited problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate within multi-tiered or channel partner environments
- Organizational skills including the ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate personal accountability, take ownership of work, and apply learned concepts
- Ability to work across multiple disciplines utilizing cross-functional resources.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1 – 2 years of experience in supply chain/logistics preferred.
- 1 – 2 years of account management/customer service preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Suite products (Word, Excel, etc) and/or G Suite (Docs, Sheets, etc.)
This position is based in our Madison, WI office.
No relocation assistance available.